Chinese Schezwan Sauce
- 12 dry kashmiri red chillies, soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 4 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil (gingelly oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- Drain out all the water from the red chillies and dry them.
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixer except the oil and make into a fine paste. Put this paste into a bowl and leave aside.
- Heat the oil till the smoke is seen then pour the chilli-garlic paste and mix well.
- Let it cool and store refrigerated in an air-tight container.